The global market for industrial enzymes was worth USD 6.62 billion in 2021, and is expected to grow at a revenue CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period. The market growth is primarily driven by increasing demand for processed food and beverages, and a rise in the consumption of dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt. The use of enzymes in the food industry offers several advantages, including enhancement of texture, flavor, and preservation of food products. Additionally, the development of efficient enzymes, such as DuPont's Versilk, to improve the quality of food products is driving market growth. However, the high cost of raw materials and adverse health effects such as skin and eye irritation, allergies, and toxicity are restraining market growth. The market is segmented into different product categories such as proteases, carbohydrases, lipases, polymerases nucleases, and others. Furthermore, the market is segmented by source into plant and animal, and microorganism. The microorganism segment is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period due to the use of enzymes in various industrial sectors such as textile, pulp and paper, and detergent.
Get a sample copy of the industrial enzymes market report: https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/1272
Industrial Enzymes Market: Drive Factors
The global industrial enzymes market is driven by several factors. One of the primary factors is the increasing consumption of processed food and beverages, along with rising demand for improved quality processed food. Enzymes act as catalysts to improve the diversity, variety, and quality of foods when they are processed, which is a significant advantage for food companies. Food enzymes are utilized mostly for food processing due to their various advantages, such as enhancing texture, flavor, fragrance, preservation, coagulation, and tenderization.
Moreover, the increasing RD initiatives and focus on developing more efficient ingredients are also driving market revenue growth. Companies are constantly exploring new and improved ingredients to cater to consumer preferences and address issues related to health and wellness. For example, DuPont Nutrition Biosciences launched VersilkTM, the latest in the range of enzymes to aid yogurt and beverage manufacturers in achieving optimal texture and flavor in drinkable dairy products, yogurts, and other drinkable goods.
Additionally, rising dairy product consumption such as cheese, milk, yogurt, and others is another factor driving market revenue growth. Different enzymes are used in dairy food applications, such as protease to reduce the allergenic potential of products made from cow's milk and lipase to enhance the flavor of cheese. Enzymes make it possible to produce high-quality goods while improving yields and reducing undesired by-products. For instance, cotton that has been treated with enzymes does not get fluffy and maintains its appearance longer.
Another driver of market growth is the increasing demand for animal feed, rapid industrialization in various developing economies, rapid technological advancements in biotechnology, and expanding pharmaceutical production facilities in countries across the globe. Industrial enzymes are commercially utilized in different end-use industries, such as processing of food and beverages, textiles and leather, bioethanol, and detergents. Rising demand for industrial enzymes such as carbohydrases, lipases, proteases, polymerases, and nucleases, which are primarily used in these industries, is expected to continue to support market revenue growth.
Industrial Enzymes Market: Notable Innovation
There have been several notable innovations in the industrial enzymes market, including:
- Immobilized enzymes: This technology involves attaching enzymes to a support matrix, such as a resin or gel, to improve their stability and reusability. Immobilized enzymes offer several advantages over free enzymes, including higher catalytic efficiency and greater resistance to harsh conditions.
- Recombinant enzymes: Recombinant DNA technology has enabled the production of enzymes with customized properties and improved stability. This technology involves inserting a gene encoding a desired enzyme into a host organism, such as bacteria or yeast, which then produces the enzyme on a large scale.
- Directed evolution: This technique involves subjecting enzymes to iterative rounds of mutagenesis and selection to improve their properties, such as activity, specificity, and stability. Directed evolution has been used to develop enzymes with improved performance for a variety of industrial applications.
- Enzyme cocktails: Many industrial processes require multiple enzymes to achieve the desired reaction. Enzyme cocktails are mixtures of enzymes that work together to achieve a specific reaction, often with improved efficiency and specificity compared to single enzymes.
- Enzyme engineering: This field involves the design and modification of enzymes to improve their properties for specific applications. Enzyme engineering can be used to optimize enzyme activity, stability, specificity, and other properties, and has led to the development of enzymes with improved performance for a variety of industrial processes.
Explore Trending Reports:
Request a customization of the report: https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1272
Thank you for reading our report. To know more about the customization or any query about the report contents, please connect with us and our team will ensure the report is tailored to meet your requirements.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyse consumer behaviour shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.